BB Report for Kirk Session Meeting on 26th October 2010
The Elders for the various sections in the BB have now met on four occasions with representatives of all 3 sections .
These meetings have been useful and opened again lines of communications with the BB.
The last meeting was held on 19th September and I would wish to bring the following matters to the attention of the Session:
1. BB numbers – slightly down but still healthy.
2. Staff – new volunteers have come forward and the Recruitment procedure including disclosure was being completed.
3. At a BB Officers meeting it was confirmed that in the view of the Officers the Code of Behaviour as laid down in the BB manual is adequate to deal with most situations and if not further advice/procedure would be sought from the Safeguarding Coordinator or the Kirk Session
4. The BB were asked to confirm their use of the Hall and asked to inform the Church Officer of any usage out with the usual Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.
5. The BB were asked to consider if they could increase their donation the Church perhaps by way of additional fund raising.
6. Charles intimated his intention to resign as Captain with effect from June 2011. It was discussed that the KS appoint the Captain and to assist the Session, this would be discussed by the BB and 1-2 candidates put forward. An update would be given at the March meeting.
Depute Session Clerk
October 23rd 2010